Scapa Fest are committed to providing powerful events, courses and activities that help participants explore the relationship between mind-body health, adventure and environmental action.
With this in mind we created Medicine Making in the Wild, a health immersive course which provides an exciting opportunity to learn how to forage for health and transform your harvest into ready-to-use medicine. A half-day health immersive with a twist of adventure and environmental action!
In this workshop, you will learn:
- How to identify healing plants suitable for transforming on the go, in the wild.
- The different processes for extracting medicine from plants.
- How to create 2 potent herbal remedies with minimal equipment: a hydrosol and herbal bandages.
This is a Must-Attend if…
- You are drawn to herbal medicine but don’t know where to start.
- You are new to herbal medicine making in the wild.
- You don’t have access to herbal medicine making equipment.
- You want to experience less reliance on buying and more self-sufficiency when it comes to using herbal remedies for yourself and your family.
- You want to learn all about traditional low tech herbal extraction methods.
- You know your body has a lot to say and you want to listen.
You will leave with 2 ready-to-use herbal remedies made from plants you have foraged for your own personal use, plus a ton of practical advice on how to make more in your own time.
This is a great activity for a half day out in the wild, solo, with family or friends in the beautiful Loch Ardinning Wildlife Reserve at the foot of the Campsies, a short drive from Glasgow. Nearest town is Strathblane. Google map for car park is here.
All participants will require a small pack for the day to carry essentials and suitable footwear & waterproof clothing for walking in the forest and on the open moorland, which can be uneven and wet underfoot. There will be 3 stiles to cross. Suitable for 16+
We will bring all the equipment needed with us and meet you at the parking of the venue between 9.30 and 9.55am for a prompt start at 10am.We will finish back at the car park at 1pm.
Car sharing for up to 3 people available from Glasgow Westend & back on the day.
What is included in the course?
Items that are included in the price.
- All activities
- All materials
- Group shelter for weather protection
- All safety equipment
What is not included in the course?
Items that are not included in the price.
- Accommodation before and after the event
- Transport (unless pre-arranged)
- Waterproof clothing & footwear
Cost per person
The cost is £39 per person and this is based on a minimum of 4 people booking.
Please drop us an email here.
Reserve your spot in this health immersive below now:
- August 1, 2021
10:00 am - 1:00 pm