Scapa Fest are committed to providing events, courses and activities that help participants explore the relationship between mind-body health, adventure and environmental action.
With this in mind we created Own Your Horizon, an adventure immersive course which provides the theory, skills and a deep dive into the spirit of adventure for the purpose of individual and collective mind-body health and environmental action.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- How to map out and navigate your inner landscape depending on the outer environment you find yourself in.
- How to explore the pillars of sustainable adventure creation, allowing you to generate freedom, strength and creativity wherever you go.
- How to put into practice the theory of adventure creation in relation to your inner landscape through individual and group challenges and practical activities.
This is a Must-Attend if…
- You are drawn to adventure but don’t know where to start.
- You don’t always feel confident to go at it alone.
- You are curious about the deeper layer of adventure.
- You want to experience the excitement of adventure in daily life.
- You want to make a difference to the experience of friends & family when you’re out with them.
- You want to unleash your creativity in new ways.
There will be food over the fire, meditation and storytelling using the Circle Tale tool (you are going to LOVE this!)
This is a great activity for a full day out solo, with family or friends in the beautiful Loch Ardinning Wildlife Reserve at the foot of the Campsies, a short drive from Glasgow. Nearest town is Strathblane. Google map for car park is here.
All participants will require a small pack for the day to carry essentials and suitable footwear & waterproof clothing for walking in the forest and on the open moorland, which can be uneven and wet underfoot. There will be 3 stiles to cross. Suitable for 16+
We will bring all the equipment needed with us and meet you at the parking of the venue between 9.30 and 9.55am for a prompt start at 10am.We will finish back at the car park at 4pm.
Car sharing for up to 3 people available from Glasgow Westend & back on the day.
What is included in the course?
Items that are included in the price.
- All activities
- All materials
- Group shelter for weather protection
- Light lunch, snacks & tea
- All safety equipment
What is not included in the course?
Items that are not included in the price.
- Accommodation before and after the event
- Transport (unless pre-arranged)
- Waterproof clothing & footwear
Cost per person
The cost is £65 per person and this is based on a minimum of 4 people booking.
Please drop us an email here.
Reserve your spot in this adventure immersive below now:
June 13, 2021
10:00 am - 4:00 pm