If you would like to play a more participatory role in this event - and get your weekend ticket reimbursed - we are offering the opportunity for you to roll up your sleeves and get involved behind the scenes. In exchange for 18 hours of completed work, you will receive free entry to the festival and access to all workshops and evening entertainment/performances, and a camping spot.
You must be 18 years or older to apply. If your application is successful, you must commit yourself to completing all your allocated shifts.
Helpers will be working with one of 5 teams during the weekend:
- The Set-Up Team - This team will help build the festival infrastructure, decorate stages/tents, and set up signage. We need you to work Thursday, May 2nd and Monday, May 6th. There will be no other shifts for you during the festival.
- The First Aid Team - You will need to be a fully qualified first aider, nurse or medical practitioner to be part of this team.
- The Scapa Green Team - This team will be constantly patrolling the festival grounds and to help keep it clean and free of litter. We are aiming to be a Zero Waste Event, so any knowledge and ideas in these matters will be helpful.
- The Parking Team - This team will assist all attendees to park their vehicles in an efficient and organised manner so that we can fit as many cars as possible into the parking lots as well as keep an eye out for potential safety concerns or problems.
- The Front-of-House Team - This Team will be assisting the public. From passing out wristbands, bin/recycling bags, dealing with ticket, schedule problems and other enquiries as required, and all over the site. This team will also be assisting the instructors with changeovers between workshops, make sure the workshop areas/stages/venues are clean and properly set up, participant questions are answered, wristbands checked and participants signed in. Will also collect and deliver equipment as required.
- The Catering Team - This Team will be assisting the kitchen staff in preparing and serving local food in a zero waste manner.
If your application is accepted, we will notify you at the email address you provide below. You will receive your shift schedule 1 week before the event.
All helpers are expected to be present at a mandatory helper induction on Friday, May 3rd 2019, at 9am at Ardkinglas Estate, Loch Fyne, Scotland.
Thanks again for your time and interest in becoming part of the Scapa Life!
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS MARCH 28TH, 2019.