In an age where we are obsessed with changing the way we feel through alcohol, cigarettes, vaping, drugs, gambling, shopping and hits of social media, Jambo Truong believes we are actually just one deep breath away from deciding how we feel.
Jambo is headlining at the opening ceremony at Scapa Fest 2018 and will also be running his highly sought after "I Am Enough" workshop. In his TEDx talk in Newcastle he focuses on the physiology behind how you can better control which hormones begin to flow through your body by controlling your breathing through Ujjayi breathing.
In this video Jambo also shows you really clearly how to achieve Ujjayi breathing and what it should sound like. He also tells you how it might feel and the benefits this technique has on our frame of mind.
How to do Ujjayi breathing | Jambo's step-by-step guide:
- Step 1: Create a whispering sound in the back of your throat as you breathe in and out.
- Step 2: Make this whispering as loud as you can.
- Step 3: Inhale through open lips and exhale through sealed lips.
- Step 4: Now inhale and exhale with sealed lips.
- Step 5: Place your hands on the side of your ribs and exhale everything out.
- Step 6: Keeping your hands on your ribs, take a huge breath that expands your ribs so much your hands are pushed outwards.
- Step 7: Now do this with active feet by putting your feet on the floor and spreading the balls of your feet and toes as far as they can go.